Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What’s with all the Knives?

As a species we’ve come a long way from the days of cutting our food with rocks, and yet not everyone has followed us down the path of enlightenment when it comes to cutlery. Across the globe you will find kitchens stocked with these essential tools in various conditions that range from quality just a step about your old lawnmower blade,to those that resemble a precision crafted surgical instrument. You get what you pay for when it come to your knives and you’ll save time, money, and heartache if you just spend the cash on a good set.
I have a wonderful set of Wusthof knives at home that I love, but my toolbox for work is a mixed collection of Victorinox, Wusthof, Global, and a couple Black Diamond Paring knives. My collection goes from cheap to expensive based upon style, and to be honest what was overlooked through the years of people helping themselves to my stuff! I tend to be very protective of my knives after years of working with the Culinary worlds version of Robinhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment