1 ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ Cup cold beer
3 heaping teaspoons baking powder
1. Combine creole seasoning and buttermilk; add sliced tomatoes and set aside.
2. Place ¼ cup of flour in small bowl and set aside for dredging.
3. Combine 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, cornmeal, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper in a shallow bowl or pan.
4. Mix 1 cup flour, baking soda egg and enough cold beer to form a thick batter together and whisk until shiny in appearance. Allow to rest 5 minutes.
5. Remove tomatoes from buttermilk, and shake well. Dredge tomato slices in the reserved 1/4 cup seasoned flour; dip in beer batter mixture, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
6. Preheat deep fryer to 375°. Drop tomatoes, in batches, into hot oil, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels or a cooling rack. Season hot tomatoes with sea salt and black pepper.